We are challenging the church to be the church, starting in the church. We truly believe once we are able to take the first step there, God will bless our efforts elsewhere.
Acts 4: 32-35 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
Outreach Challenges for the Church
1. Sit with someone new, every single week in church or in the school lunch room.
2. Call someone you haven’t seen in awhile and let them know you were thinking about them.
3. Send a card of encouragement to your Pastor or leadership person in your church home.
4. Visit an elderly in the Hospital or Nursing Home–bring a notebook and ask them questions about their life.
5. Sign up for a ministry to serve.
6. Ask God for 2 people to put on your “hit-list” every week. Minister to them and pray for them daily.
7. Pull in your neighbors trash cans every week, without them knowing it was you.
8. Hold the doors open for everyone in a given day.
9. Tip double the amount you normally would when you go out for lunch or dinner.
10. Be bold enough to share YOUR story this week.
Remember, Jesus left the 99 to find the “One”. Who will you show Jesus to this week?